Eat Well Utah
Eat Well Utah is the Utah Department of Health and Human Services statewide initiative to make healthy food choices more available and appealing wherever food is served or sold. Cafeterias, concession stands, institutional meal service, and catering services are invited to participate.
By participating in Eat Well Utah, organizations will work with their state or local health department liaison to identify how they can better service their patrons by making the “healthy choice the easy choice.” This may include making changes to their food offerings, recipes, product placement, or signage.
Let’s make healthy food the new normal-at home and away.
Goals of Eat Well Utah
Healthy foods and beverages are available and encouraged at Utah venues. Environmentally responsible practices are conducted at Utah venues and communities are economically supported through local food sourcing.
Eat Well Utah is designed to achieve the following:
1. Healthy foods and beverages are available and encouraged at Utah venues.
2. Environmentally responsible practices are conducted at Utah venues and communities are economically supported through local food sourcing.
We can help!
We are committed to supporting you through this process. We can offer the following:
● Assessments of your patron desires and your current offerings.
● Suggestions on how to improve.
● Technical assistance including nutritional analysis, menu planning, and product selection and placement.
● Policy recommendations to help incentivize patron purchases of healthy food, and educational marketing materials.
● Promotion through a brand new recognition system.
● Potential funding for implementation efforts, depending on our grant cycle.
Learn more with this TOOLKIT!
This is a statewide program.
Please contact Laura Holtrop Kohl for more information:
Utah Department of Health and Human Services
Eat Well Utah Coordinator
If you are located in Utah County, please contact:
Utah County Health Department
Utah County Eat Well Utah